The Gender Lab brought together fourteen artists from Belgium, Scotland, Ireland, Norway and Denmark to explore the representation of gender and sexual identity in theatre and dance for children. Led by Eilidh MacAskill, the group worked together over 8 days from Monday 30 of January to Monday 6 of February 2017.
The group were based at Lyra in Craigmillar, Edinburgh with a packed programme that included:
- spending time talking and sharing ideas together
- creating and delivering workshops for children & young people (with Lyra Young Company and Niddrie Mill Primary School P7s)
- experiencing a workshop with Yvon Bonenfant
- creating and performing at a the PUSH Scratch event
- dancing the night away at the Summerhall Ceilidh Club