Applications for the Different Bodies Lab are all currently open:
Open call for artists based in Denmark, deadline 6 March 2020
Open call for artists based in Ireland, deadline 6 March 2020
Open call for artists based in Norway, deadline 6 March 2020
Open call for artists based in Scotland, deadline 6 March 2020
Open call for artists based in Belgium, deadline 13 March 2020
From 8 - 18 September 2020, Scenekunstbruket will work alongside a Lead Artist and the Lab participants to explore:
- What is a body and how do our bodies connect with our sense of self?
- What kind of bodies do we see on stages and whose bodies are missing?
- What is the impact of how we treat our bodies?
- What messaging are we giving young audiences with the lack of diversity of bodies on stage?
- Who is ‘allowed’ to dance?
In addition to sharing and working with each other, we would like to introduce the participating artists to other local and international artists, working alongside them during the lab.
The lab aims to explore an open and varying interpretation of different bodies, opening up discussion around bodies missing from our sector. The lab will visualize how many different bodies and expressions exist and work to create better representation in performing arts for a young audience. You can read more about the topic here.